Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

All About The Benjamins Baby

Yesterday, for the first time since working at Starbucks 5 years ago, a customer actually offered me a tip! Which may not seem like much to some, but it means a lot to me to know that someone appreciates the hard work I put into their jobs. Why is it that waiters who take an order, fill your glass, wait for the food to be made, then bring it to your table are tipped 15%?? I stand around all day doing bindings, laminations, folding, cutting, stapling, ordering business cards, and doing your typesetting and all I get is a thanks. Thank you's don't pay my bills. It's unfair that the techs at my job who do tech services such as hard drive backups, and PC tune-ups make a commission anywhere from 5% to 20% and I make no commission at all. We make the same per hour, but at the end of the month when the commission is added up, they tend to make about $400 more than me. That's the society we live in I suppose, where everyone thinks that waitresses work soooo hard and everyone else deserves what they make.

No comments:

Post a Comment